24 February 2022

Floral Bouquet

It's not often I make a second version of a quilt pattern but this is the third "Floral Bouquet" quilt I've made and the second in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" fabric.  The jelly roll had been in my stash for quite a while so I cut out the quilt pieces last September on National Jelly Roll Day and started sewing up them up.  I left off the borders this time.

The quilt was finished over the weekend while watching the Olympics Figure Skating.


I asked Karen to use "Flowers for Linda" on this quilt - the design looks pretty on these fabrics.


The binding is made up of all the leftover jelly roll pieces and looks very pretty around the edge of the quilt.


"Star Pop" is on the way back from Karen.  This quilt is for my friend Robyn and she will stitch down the binding.  Robyn chose "Rodeo" for the quilting design - it looks great.


I've been sewing up "Master Plan" the last few days.  This quilt requires the pieces being laid out row by row and I can't fit the whole width on my design sheet so I'm sewing it up in segments.  The original design has plain background - I like the low volume background (a nod to the Thimbles and Needles quilts I've been making lately).

Had a great day out yesterday - finally went to Sydney to see "Hamilton" and it definitely did not disappoint.  Everything about the show is wonderful.  Just made it in time - "Hamilton" finishes in Sydney on Sunday.  I'm taking my little Sweetheart to see "Mary Poppins" in June and I need to start looking at dates to see "Moulin Rouge" - I think that will be pretty "spectacular spectacular".

1 comment:

loulee said...

Two lovely finishes, and some great progress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...