14 February 2022

Catching Up

Before sewing up "Star Pop" I sewed up "Joyful" - a quilt deigned by Thimble Blossoms (Camille Roskelley).  This was cut out last October.


Lots of chain piecing making half square triangles and I was able to chain piece the blocks as well


The quilt top is now on the pile to go to Karen later this week.


I am now finally sewing "Sampler Spree" blocks together - these were finished over 6 months ago.  Took me ages to decide on a border colour - the border is actually a rockmelon colour but looks gold in the night-time photo.


Susan Ache is a very clever designer - this border is brilliant!

After this quilt top is together I think I have one more stack of blocks to sew up - "Sewcialites".

Soon I am going to cut out "Pretty Birds" designed by Elizabeth Hartman in these beautiful Alison Glass fabrics.  It's going to be so colourful and gorgeous.  Just need to decide on background fabric.


Last night I was fortunate to see the dress rehearsal of "9 to 5" at the Capitol Theatre in Sydney.  Very funny show.  Caroline O'Connor stopped the show with one note!  Casey Donovan was fantastic - her singing is brilliant and she performed the comedy so well.  All the ticket funds were donated to United Way which is affiliated with Dolly Parton's charity to provide a book each month to children aged 0-5 in Australia.


2 comments:

marina said...

beautiful tops, so many lovely projects!

Chookyblue...... said...

no matter what you make I always love it.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...