30 September 2021

Feathers

"Feathers" was finished last night and is on the way to its new home.  I loved making these birds and will definitely make some again one day.  The birds and border are all FigTree fabrics - the colours are so beautiful and lots of favourite pieces have been used.


Karen, Quilting on the Coast, used "Filigree" to quilt this one.  I request this design so often - seems to really suit FigTree fabrics.


The new owner chose the border, backing and binding fabrics.


"Blueberry Kisses" is a finished top and ready to go to Jenny, AngelCake Quilting, to be quilted as soon as an extra-large piece of batting arrives.


Thoroughly enjoyed making this design by Thimbles and Needles.  The backing is a sweet fabric called "Starlings".


Thimbles and Needles released a new quilt pattern last week - "Buttons and Bows" and I was thrilled to bits when she asked me to make a test block.  I will definitely be making this quilt in the near future.  It's good to work with curves and these are gentle enough to sew on the machine.


I'm really enjoying Gulli's company again this week and I am very excited about tomorrow because two more sweethearts will be visiting.  I haven't seen them since Gulli's 6th birthday party on 19 June and can't wait.  I think Gulli will be thrilled too.

1 comment:

marina said...

Feathers is gorgeous! lovely backings.
The buttons and bows block looks great and I can see you making one of these quilts.
Enjoy your time with the grandchildren. You will have heaps of hugs stored up I'm sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...