08 September 2021

You Are Loved

Jenni and Kurt didn't want to know if they were having a baby girl or a baby boy and it took me ages to decide on a quilt pattern for the baby.  I've made each of my grandbabies a quilt with embroidered blocks and didn't want to make another Little Chicken Feather for Vincent.  It's difficult to find embroidery quilt patterns and especially something gender neutral.  

I've had the pattern for "You Are Loved" by Bare Roots for many years and hadn't made it.  In the pattern is a little cushion and I substituted the cushion block for the vase block in the quilt design.

Took me 8 months of on and off sewing to finish this quilt.  Still not friends with needleturn applique or handquilting.  I'd been saving the "Guess How Much I Love You" fabric and I love the gentle colours.


Spent a bit of time on the weekend working on H's Dinosaurs quilt.  The cycads, ferns and vines are done.  Brachiosaurus is up next.


The flock of birds is finished - sashings are cut and I'm waiting for border/backing/binding fabrics to arrive.

Lots of sunny days lately but there is still so much wind about.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Vincent quilt is gorgeous and so is he...

Janice said...

Such variety in your projects. Vincent’s quilt was certainly a labour of love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...