07 January 2024

Quilt Tops

At the end of October 2023, Jenni, my friend Gail and I went to the State Theatre in Sydney to see Anthony Callea and Tim Campbell in concert - what a fantastic show.  So great to have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing; wonderful singing and everyone up and dancing to the Backstreet Boys medley at the end.

While Mum was in hospital I would sew for a couple of hours each night after visiting finished - I suppose it was my stress relief.  Can't beat chain piecing.  This continued for a few months, hence the finished quilt tops.

A few more quilts were cut out and the tops sewn up.  They are also with Karen for quilting.

Hannah's Garden


Made from my stash of blue, green, pink and some red fabrics.

Sugar Dish

I've been wanting to make this quilt (designed by Cluck, Cluck, Sew) for ages.  The quilt top is made with Fig Tree's "Stitched" fabrics.


I used the border from Fig Tree's "Kiss Me" quilt as inspiration for this quilt.

Chandelier

"Chandelier" is designed by Lella's Boutique and is made using two charm packs (5"squares) - Coriander Quilt' "Cosy Up" in this quilt and Moda Bella Solid Snow for the background.


I added a ribbon border - design from The Quilters' Cache.


The backing is a Jen Kingwell "Gardenvale" design and will also be used for the binding.

Flower Girl

A few years ago a dear friend sent me a load of fabric, totally out of the blue, and in there was a "Flower Girl" kit in Bonnie and Camille's original fabric for this design - "Marmalade".  Such a treasure.


The blocks are large and quick to assemble.


The quilt is very long - would suit a king single bed.


I chose this Thimble Blossoms' "Shine On" fabric for the backing and a red/white stripe came with the kit for the binding.


Little H loves Halloween.  In the October school holidays he came to Spotlight with me and chose some fabric for pants.


Another pair of Style Arc "Bobby" pants - fortunately H likes to wear cotton pants.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...