09 February 2023

Friendship Blues

Gulli drew a beautiful picture for my Retirement Day Party and Jenni decorated the frame with resin and glitter - now hanging in The Pink Room so I can see it every time I sew.

"Friendship Blues" is a quilt designed by Lissa Alexander and was finished on New Year's Eve.  It's so great to make a quilt almost completely from my stash - I only needed to buy backing.


Karen (Quilting on the Coast) quilted it with "Whitney's Pearls"- a new design for me - the curves look great against all the straight edges.

In between my social life and child-minding, I fit in a fair bit of sewing ïn December-January.  Blocks were sewn for Thimble Blossoms' "Springville" medallion quilt.  Another stash quilt.  This was one of the bundle of quilts I cut out late last year.

Eleven months after the start of the Scrap Busters QAL for 2022, I started making Tula Pink's "Butterfly" quilt.  So many beautiful, colourful blocks in gorgeous Alison Glass fabrics.


Took me ages to find a border fabric - the Alison Glass fabric I chose has small, scattered designs on the pale aqua background colour.


Not much sewing for the little ones last Christmas - I made Nancy Halvorsen's scissor fobs as tree ornaments and machine embroidered toppers for candy canes.  The tea towel was for a friend.

Mum, my friends and I have seen a few movies lately - some I wouldn't recommend but suggest people make up their own minds about seeing ("Babylon" and "The Banshees of Inisherin") and some I've absolutely loved ("What's Love Got to Do With It?" and "Operation Fortune").  Looking forward to seeing "What's Love Got to Do With It?" again - Emma Thompson steals every scene she is in and is a superstar.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Fabulous picture made by Gulli for you to hang and enjoy.
So much sewing you’ve been doing.
The butterfly 🦋 is stunnning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...