09 February 2023

Dressmaking

Made a few dresses in January - a couple for me.

Last year my friend Jenny (AngelCake Quilting) and I visited Berry and I bought this beautiful spotted linen at Berry Quilt Co.  This is an "Eva" dress designed by Tessuti Patterns.

I planned to make an "Eva" dress for Jenni but made a mistake when cutting out the lower sections so she ended up with a top to wear over jeans or leggings.


Another "Eva" dress - this time for a friend who sent me some beautiful fabric to make myself a dress.


This is the fabric my friend sent to me - such a beautiful, soft linen from Tessuti Fabrics, made into a "Melba" dress from StyleArc Patterns - I thought this would show off the fabric with the front being cut in one piece.


Another quilt cut out last year was "Picnic" designed by Joanna Figueroa (FigTree and Company).  This is another stash-buster and is quick to make.


The quilt has lots of borders so that's a great way to use up backing off-cuts.


I was also able to make the backing and binding from stash - this piece of blue FigTree fabric was the perfect size for this quilt.


I cut into the "Dwell" fat quarter bundle to make "By the Seashore".


Finished making the blocks last night.  These colours aren't my favourite although I love the navy and pink colourways.


I've joined Thimble Blossoms' QAL making "You Have My Heart" quilt also using Dwell.


These are very speedy blocks to make - 12-1/2" square unfinished.

Forgot to mention - highlight of January was seeing Michael Sheen in "Amadeus" at the Sydney Opera House - phenomenal performance.  The whole cast, musicians etc were amazing.

Went to the "The Wharf  Review" last night - was so wonderful, funny.  I don't know how the actors remember all those words!

2 comments:

loulee said...

Beautiful dresses, and those quilts. Love them.

Maria said...

Lovely dresses and great you had time to sew some quilts too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...