23 May 2022

Lots of Colour

Seems that I am sewing with lots of beautiful colours at the moment.  I belong to an online Scrap Busters Group.  The first year we made Jen Kingwell's "Gypsy Wife" quilt and "Boho Heart" was last year's quilt.  I've used mostly Alison Glass fabrics with loads of low volumes for the backgrounds and the long background strips.


This is the backing for "Boho Heart" - same as I used for "Gypsy Wife".


This year's quilt is Tula Pink's "The Butterfly Quilt" and I'll be using my Alison Glass again.

A dear friend gave me two identical fat quarter bundles of 21 Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  I opened one of them a few weeks ago and decided to make Kaffe Fassett's "All Stacked Up" quilt.


The pattern has very specific cutting and fabric placement instructions, which are a great help.


The blocks sew up very quickly.  The above photo shows all I can fit on the design sheet - there are two more rows to add to the width and length of the quilt.


Last Friday the Wollongong International Women's Day event was held - it's usually in March but Covid has mucked up many plans this year.  It was such a fantastic event - Olympian Emma McKeon was the featured speaker (so gracious) and Mahalia Barnes provided entertainment (such a powerhouse voice).

Tania, in the photo below, is my immediate manager at the University and she is also Wollongong's Deputy Lord Mayor.  She is such a wonderful advocate for the Illawarra (and a fellow lover of musicals).

When Michael was a baby I made him a set of crochet granny square overalls (no idea where they ended up).  Made another set when little T was on the way and they were also worn by her brother and now little Vinnie is wearing the overalls.  The photo of T is from a video of her dancing at the Sydney Quilt Show in 2016.  She kept her audience well entertained.


The weather was awful over the weekend - can't believe how much rain is still falling.  The only good thing about it is staying inside to sew.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your BoHo Heart is gorgeous as is the new Kaffe project…
Looks like a fun time with friends…
WOW! It’s been a long time since I have seen crochet squares as clothes.
I remember my girls had vest make from them.

Chookyblue...... said...

you need to stick with the brights to balance out all the drab rainy days........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...