23 June 2021

Summer Days

"Summer Days" was quilted last week and is now on its way to friend who wanted the quilt and she is going to stitch down the binding.  The narrow Churn Dashes are a lovely border for the blocks.  I used Bonnie and Camille fabrics (mainly "Shine On") for this Cotton Way design.


The backing is from Bonnie and Camille's "Early Bird" range - such a gorgeous red.


Jenny, AngelCake Quilting, quilted this so beautifully with Baptist Fans.


The first 10 "Sampler Spree" blocks are finished.  The theme was "blue".  FigTree's cornflower blue is so lovely - I added in a couple of lighter blues and pale aquas for variety.  There will be an "aqua" month but I'll be using teal shades for that one.


Sewed up the last "Sewcialites" block on the weekend.  Purple Kindness provided by Bunny Hill Designs.  The last six blocks together:


A couple of layouts I'm thinking about:


I'm leaning towards the first star.

Saturday was Gulliver's 6th birthday - he had a great time at his party - lots of school friends and cousins at Flip Out (the local trampoline place).


I started sewing some "Another Story" blocks into rows yesterday.  The rows will be moved around a bit before being sewn together.


Last night's video of our littlest family member:


Can't help but smile when I watch this.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...