25 May 2021

Gypsy Wife

My friend, Sarah from Patchworks Plus in Tasmania, organised a sew-along at the end of 2019 to make Jen Kingwell's "Gypsy Wife" quilt in 2020.  Sarah worked out a schedule of blocks to make each month and by the end of the year we would have a finished quilt top.

I kind of kept up but stalled when it came to putting the quilt top together.  I had bought 6 different greys from Sarah's shop but it took me a while to work out how I'd like to put them together.

The quilt was sent to Sarah for quilting - "Square Buns".  The linear design looks great.


Another row is ready to add to "Nine Patch Waltz" and two rows of "Rainbow Baby" blocks are sewn together - orange and yellow stars are next.  I don't have enough of either colour to make a whole row without repeating the fabrics 3 or 4 times.


Last week's "Sewcialites" block - "Bright" designed by Chelsi Stratton.  4 more blocks to go.


I'd like to set my Rile Blake Block Challenge blocks on point and will need more blocks than those in the Challenge, so I searched Quilter's Cache for more 10" finished blocks and made three last night.  I'm having to add more FigTree fabrics to the ever-dwindling bag of "Chantilly" fabrics.

A big weekend with little sweethearts T and H staying over for two nights.  Lots of fun and cuddles.  And then a great basketball game on Sunday evening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...