05 May 2021

Handmade with Love

Another Thimble Blossoms quilt I've made for the second time - lovely big blocks that show off the pretty Bonnie and Camille fabrics.  This is a great design to make with any style of fabrics and it still looks Christmassy but not too over-the-top.

Love the Rainbow Hearts quilting by Karen (Quilting on the Coast).


"Kaleidoscope" is ready to be picked up from AngelCake Quilting - it's looking great.  "Strawberry Social" and "Pineapple Party" are also quilted so there will be some binding happening over the next week or so.


Last week's Sewcialites block is Delight designed by Me and My Sister.  No 30 coming up this weekend then there will be 6 more to go.  I'll be sad to finish making these blocks - I've enjoyed the whole sew-along.


Caught up on Month Six of the "Shine On" Sampler.


Over the last couple of weeks I've been sewing "Stripe Me Lucky" blocks and they were all sewn together on the weekend.


Flying Geese blocks are needed for the borders and these are now made and I'll add them in a little while.


Last week I made a tiny start on H's "Dinosaurs" quilt - ferns and cycads.


I've joined a sew-along - "Another Story" designed by Thimbles and Needles starting on Instagram mid-May.  The blocks are 3" hexagrams.  I bought the cute umbrella fabric for the backing and I had enough "Kaleidoscope" background left to use in "Another Story".  Hoping that I will have no fabric repeats in the hexagons.  I've arranged to swap some hexies with another couple of ladies also making this quilt.

Jenni and Kurt's wedding anniversary yesterday - hard to believe that wonderful day was two years ago and that their little sweetheart is 2 months old already.

Exciting weekend coming up - trip to the theatre in Sydney on Saturday then Mothers' Day and birthday celebrations on Sunday.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Your all set for Christmas with your baubles and parcels now ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...