20 July 2018

Scrappy Crossroads

Quite a few months ago I started collecting mini charm packs and cutting 2-1/2" squares from my Bonnie and Camille stash to make a "Scrappy Crossroads" quilt.  I've previously made a couple of quilts with a similar Goodnight Irene block but I love the multi-coloured look of these scrappy blocks.


I made a test block and then put it all away for a good while.


The blocks were made over the a couple of weeks, Karen did the quilting and I picked it up on Friday.  Finished stitching down the binding last night.


I love "orange peel" quilting and it works so well with this quilt design, and the border fabric.


On Wednesday night I cut into my "Vintage Picnic" layer cake - I've been saving this for a while and decided to use it to make the larger version of "Apple Pie", with Ruby Ice for the chain blocks.


Drew lines on the Ruby Ice for the half-square-triangles at lunchtime yesterday


and made two blocks last night - think I'm going to like how this will turn out (when I eventually get back to it).


Elizabeth, Matt and ChaCha gave me this gorgeous bundle of fabric for my birthday a couple of months ago.


The bundle was added to the Alison Glass fabrics I have left over from Jenni's "Tessellation" quilt for "Long Time Gone", a quilt designed by Australian Wonder-Woman Jen Kingwell.  Made the first block last night - thrilled to bits with the beautiful colours and very keen to make some more blocks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...