30 July 2018

Change of Plans

I came across a pattern called 'School Days Charm Quilt" and thought it would work well to use up a load of Bonnie and Camille charm squares I had in my stash. Made one block on Wednesday night to try out the pattern.


Started sewing up the rest of the blocks on Thursday


and had a completed quilt top by very late Friday night.  Really enjoyed sewing with some larger fabric pieces.


I've bought the pretty bow fabric for the backing and hope it will arrive in the next week or so.


The border fabric is probably my most favourite Bonnie and Camille fabric ever.  It's from their "Vintage Modern" range and I bought all the fabric on the bolt when Sarah and I went to Quiltsmith in Sydney for a class with Camille in 2014.  I have a bit less than a metre left now.


My weekend plans changed so I had some extra sewing time - thought I should try to finish up the "100% Charming" quilt top.


This is the finished quilt top as per pattern.


Borders were added (to use up more fabric) - the quilt will fit better on a bed now.


Yesterday I starting making "Sugar Plums".  I love having a few quilts cut out and ready to sew when I feel like a change.  I'm thinking of making this quilt in "The Good Life" as well.


Dropped my Bernina and embroidery machines off for a service yesterday


so have been using the Pfaff - gosh this machine sews fast.  I bought it at the end of 2011 to use on my quilting frame and it's hardly been used.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...