16 July 2018

House Irish Chain Quilt

Lately I've had a thing for making Irish Chain quilts.  It all started when I decided I wanted to make a quilt with house blocks to use up some of the red/blue/tan fabrics I've had in my stash for quite a long time.  By the time I finish the fourth quilt early next year I will be done with Irish Chains for a while.


The house block was designed by Camille Roskelley (Thimble Blossoms) for her "Winterville" quilt and the chain block was designed by Fort Worth Fabric Studio.  When making the blocks I realised that I would need two more cream fabrics and they were the only fabrics I bought for the quilt top - was pretty pleased about that.

Finished stitching the binding down last night.  I bought the Pat Sloan fabric for the backing from Karen.


Karen quilted "Apple Pie" over the weekend - will pick it up this evening.  It's looking so pretty.


An on-line news site had a great article about the shop where Peta works:  https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney/art-and-design/article/redfern-terrace-where-film-industry-shops

A bit tired today after a big weekend.  On Saturday Lynell, Elizabeth, Tania and I went to the Opera House to see "Funny Girl" The Musical in Concert - it was so fabulously great!


And yesterday the family was in Bronte for Gulliver's third birthday party (except Jenni and Kurt who are on holidays in Hobart) - such a spectacular winter's day at the park and Gulli had the best time with his cousins and friends.


I made some blocks for "100% Charming" designed by Jedi Craft Girl.  Over the last few weeks I've been cutting charm squares the scrap fabrics to add to leftover squares from "Scrappy Crossroads" and charm square packs.  I know I'll really like this one - who wouldn't love a quilt designed by a Jedi?


The REALLY BIG news of the weekend:  my darling Jenni's sweetheart Kurt proposed and she said yes.


We are all thrilled to bits and tickled pink.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...