03 June 2022

Churn Dash Quilt

Chookyblue is hosting a Churn Dash-Along for bloggers (now closed) and the goal for June is to choose fabrics and make 8 blocks.  During last Saturday's zoom chat Chooky was cutting out and sewing up Double Churn Dash blocks - these look fabulous but the block is too big for this quilt design.

I had a look online to find instructions for a tiny 3" finished churn dash block that can sit inside the pattern's 9" finished block and made a sample block last night.  It's not perfect but is good enough to show me that this idea will work.  The pretty dot white-on-white flower Bonnie and Camille fabric will be the background.


I thought I'd like to make the quilt pink and white so had a look through my Bonnie and Camille fabrics and have enough to make the quilt - 2 blocks from some fabrics and 1 from others.  The pink rosebud fabric will be the border setting triangles and the darker pink cross/rosebud fabric will be the sashings and binding.  I'm looking forward to starting this quilt.


Last night I finished assembling the "All Stacked Up" quilt top.  The Kaffe Fassett fabrics are so out there (for me) but I think it's turned out ok.  I had a bundle of 21 fabrics and have added a few from my stash.  I can see a couple of spots where I'd like to exchange blocks but I'll think about that for a while.  Need to buy fabric for backing.

Going to see "Top Gun:  Maverick" tonight with some friends.  We've been waiting for a long time for this movie to be released.  I think we first saw the trailer when we saw the last "Star Wars" movie in January 2020.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Great work working out the smaller version of double churn dash.
Will be pretty in your pinks.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh that block is so cute.......love all the pinks you have chosen.........can't wait to see it come to life.....
love the stacked up quilt also.....whos pattern is that one????

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That little churn dash block is super cute. I haven't decided on or started my churn dash quilt project yet - can't rush these things :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...