22 June 2022

A Jumper for H

Time flies when you're busy.

Lots happening at home and work.  Haven't turned on the sewing machine for well over a week.  The backing for "All Stacked Up" arrived last week and I should make that up so the quilt can be sent away for quilting.

The Aran jumper for little H was finished 10 days ago.  Really happy with how it looks.


I started to lay out some "Blueberry Kisses" blocks but didn't sew any together.


Left the window open a bit too long on the weekend :)


Not to worry - it's a scrappy quilt and the blocks can go anywhere as long as the crosses and nine patches alternate.

I've joined in a sew-along making Thimble Blossoms' original Swoon quilt - the SAL is to make any Swoon.  Decided to make the original because I haven't made it previously in Bonnie and Camille fabrics.


Made one block.


While cutting out Swoon, I thought I might as well cut out another quilt - "Fireworks".  I made this many years ago, so I think I'll enjoy making it again.


The sub-contractor (Mum) and I are knitting a cardigan for Elizabeth - Mum is knitting the back and sleeves and I'm knitting the fronts.  It's a long cardigan and it feels like it's taking forever but the end is in sight.

Since that photo was taken, one front is finished and the other should be finished tonight or tomorrow night.

A gyprocker came last week to tear out all the old plaster and install new gyprock - the room looks great (and so much lighter).

A carpenter is coming tomorrow to replace the architraves and install new skirting boards then I can organise painting and floor sanding/polishing.  Amazing how quickly things can happen sometimes.

Last Sunday was Gulliver's 7th birthday.  The gorgeous boy had a wonderful time with his friends at Timezone and then another party at home with more of the family.


This coming Saturday, T and I are going to see "Mary Poppins" - I'm pretty excited.  Mum, Elizabeth, Jenni and I first saw the stage musical in Melbourne in 2011 and I'm very much looking forward to T's reactions to Mary flying and Bert tap dancing on the ceiling.

4 comments:

loulee said...

Your swoon blocks look great and I'm in love with your nine patch and plus blocks.

marina said...

beautiful wool finishes and starts!
love your Bonnie and Camille blocks, their fabrics and blocks never get old.
Happy sewing.

Maria said...

Fabulous Aran jumper for H and also like the one Mum and you are knitting.
Lots happening at your place both sewing and the Reno.
Enjoy Mary Poppins with family…

Chookyblue...... said...

love that green in the jumper....nice pattern.........
bestill be heart for the blue and white quilt.......and those big blocks are lovely........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...