20 July 2021

Lockdown Week 4

Feels like we've regressed and are back in 2020, except this version of the virus is way more infectious.  The university was closed last week and it was nice to have a week off.  Gulli has been spending some time here and I've enjoyed his company while supervising his homeschooling.

The Riley Blake Block Challenge quilt top is together.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out.  The Challenge contained patterns for 16 blocks - I used 14 because I felt that two didn't suit the on point setting.   The rest of the block patterns came from The Quilters' Cache.


Love this pretty Ella and Ollie FigTree fabric that I bought for the backing.


Last week I sewed the last stitches in the huge "Nine Patch Waltz" quilt top.  Waiting for the backing to arrive then it can be quilted.  I'll be very pleased when this is finished and off to its new home.


I look forward to Thursday mornings to find out the colour for the "Sampler Spree" blocks.  Very happy to be keeping up and using lots of FigTree favourite pieces.  One advantage of working from home is being able to cut out at lunch time.


The main part of my second "Stripe Me Lucky" quilt top and the flying geese for the borders have been made for a few months.  Sewed the flying geese together over the weekend and made the corners last night.  I love this quilt - so bright and happy.   The background is white with a little orange spot.


A little while ago an Instagram friend was selling off her stash - I bought heaps, including a layer cake of "Just Another Walk in the Woods" - I've had a bit more than a metre of the all-over print of this fabric for ages and was so pleased to buy the layer cake.  I'm making Thimble Blossoms' "Sugar Plums" - one block per day.  This is turning out to be so pretty.

Our online trivia is back in full swing and was so enjoyable last night.  I'm very grateful that we live in an age of social media, especially FaceTime.

2 comments:

Maria said...

It’s a worrying time and good that you have your sewing to keep you busy….
So close to a few finishes.
Lots lovely blocks there…
Cute video of the littlest GS..

marina said...

so much loveliness in your recent posts, enjoyed catching up on your finishes.
love the colours in your sampler spree blocks. So pretty.
Here's hoping the lock down finishes soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...