06 April 2021

Stroll

 "Stroll", a quilt designed by Camille Roskelley, Thimble Blossoms, is a fun design.  Really enjoyed making this quilt, especially the strawberries.


Last week's "Sewcialites" block was Virtue designed by Bonnie Olaveson, Bonnie Cottonway.


Blocks 1-25 laid out as per original design.


"Pineapple Party" is together and ready to be quilted.  Such a fun design to make.  I'd like to resize the blocks to make a cot size version.


Fun backing fabric and binding ready to go.


I think this background fabric is up there as my most favourite background ever.

Decided that the Easter break would be a good time to sew "Gypsy Wife" together - the blocks have been made for many months but I was a bit intimidated about making the background strips.  Once I had sorted out the order of the colours and had the strips numbered, it all went pretty smoothly - there were only a couple of sections that needed unpicking.

Section 1
Sections 1-6
"Gypsy Wife" top

I bought some lovely Art Gallery fabric for the backing and the mid-grey will be the binding.


As a reward to myself for finally sewing up "Gypsy Wife", I started making blocks for this year's Scrap Busters' SAL - "Boho Heart", another Jen Kingwell Quilt (this one was designed with Andrea Bair).
I have another 3 lots of blocks to make then I will be caught up.


Had a lovely Easter break - Easter hat parades, family lunch, grandchildren playing together, Easter egg hunt, time with friends.

1 comment:

marina said...

gorgeous!!
love our gypsy wife top and that pineapple backing fabric is perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...