31 March 2021

Double Hourglass

This is the second time I've made a Double Hourglass quilt - the first was 10 years ago.  I love how this FigTree version has turned out.  The colours are a great contrast to the scrappy, low volume background fabrics, while not overpowering the overall look.


The quilting design is called "Maidenhair" - a new design for me.  Quilting was done by Karen at Quilting on the Coast.


The backing is a cute Riley Blake fabric and the binding is from FigTree's "Strawberry Fields Revisited" range.

Last night I finished making the blocks for "Pineapple Party" - hope to start sewing some rows together tonight.  I love the colour-saturated Alison Glass fabrics.


Stitched down the binding on "Stroll" last night.


One more binding to stitch down and I'll be caught up till Karen's next visit - she has two quilts to quilt and I have a two ready to go to another quilter (three when some backing fabric arrives).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...