15 July 2019

Quilt Tops

Last Monday the Honeymooners flew out of Sydney to Amsterdam to start their European honeymoon.  Their first couple of days were spent in Eindhoven with family and they saw lots of places relating to the family.


Next stop was Brussels and overnight (our time) they arrived in Paris.

Cruising down the Seine

I had a fun start to the weekend - spending time with Gulliver while he assembled some of his birthday Lego.  He did it all by himself following the photos in the instruction book.

Saturday was lunch with the Schoolgirls - they've all been on long holidays:  Gail to South America/Europe/UK/Iceland; Lynell to Middle East/Scandinavia and Denise on a marathon caravan trip through Qld/NT.  Was fun to catch up with them after so long.

The rest of the weekend was spent in The Pink Room.  Thursday and Friday nights I sewed up blocks to make two rows for my Aussie B&C Beehive quilt "Christmas Cheer" (Sawtooth Stars and Chequerboard)


and then I sewed the lower four rows together.  The stockings were made by the Aussie B&C girls.  This quilt will be large enough to go onto my bed at Christmastime.


Saturday I sewed the "Spinning Stars" blocks into rows and by the end of the night I had a quilt top.


Plain white borders were added on Sunday morning and the backing and binding was made.


Then I started sewing "Fresh" blocks together - even though there are only 16 blocks in this quilt, it took quite a while to sew them together - lots of points to match up.


The backing has been made and the binding will be offcuts from the backing.  This quilt is huge at ~96" sq.


Don't think I have any more piles of blocks in the sewing room.   Might get back to some "Happy Scrappy Baskets" sewing - I'm halfway with this one.


While sewing, I've been binge-watching "Bed of Roses" - first watched this ABC series when it was originally on tv (2008-2011 or so) and I still love it.  Wonderful friendships, fun characters and a nice romance.

3 comments:

marina said...

WOW what lovelies you have finished Lynda!great progress on your christmas quilt too.
You are a dynamo.
Great pics of the honeymooners..
Gotta love Lego! keeps them entertained for ages and how clever to do it all himself.

Maria said...

Lots of lovely quilts there ...
Great pics of the Honeymooners...
Lego is just the best to keep kids busy.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lynda wow what an amazing time the honeymooners are having,love the pics.
Oh boy you do the most amazing work,I always love seeing what wonderful projects you have on the go.
It's always wonderful to spend time with the grandies hope your day is a good one my friend xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...