24 September 2018

Summertime

Sewed the binding on to the "Summertime" quilt last week.


Last Friday Karen quilted "Hey Day".


I picked it up yesterday and sewed on the binding.


The quilt is now on the pile of quilts to have the binding stitched down.


Stitched down the "Summertime" binding last night.


So happy with this quilt - love it.  "Summertime" was designed by Susan Ache (@yardgrl60 on Instagram) for American Patchwork and Quilting.  This is the second quilt I've made from the August issue.  I used FigTree & Co's "Coney Island" fabric for the quilt top and binding and Coriander Quilts' "Sundrops" fabric for the backing.


Karen quilted it with "Ginger Snaps".


Also made a "Swoon 16" block for the Aussie Bonnie and Camille October block swap.


All of the "O Happy Day" blocks have been made and are laid out on the spare bed ready to be sewn together.  Takes me ages to sort the blocks till I'm happy with how they all look together.


Had a great weekend:  visited Elizabeth, Matt and ChaCha after work on Friday to wish Elizabeth happy birthday.  Birthday lunch on Saturday with most of the family - very windy at the beach.  The little ones had such a terrific time with each other.  Mum, Lynell and I had delicious pizza for dinner before going to see "Ladies in Black" - FABULOUS movie.  I really love Australian movies - they tell stories of our lives so well.

Yesterday I did a few household jobs, sewed, shopped, visited Karen - so another good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...