22 June 2023

Stitchery Sampler

Last year I bought a kit to make Figtree & Co's "Stitchery Sampler" - I love the pieced blocks but didn't enjoy making the orange peel or hexagon blocks and appliqueing them to the background.  The fabrics are "Figtree Shirtings" and are lovely designs.


Also love this backing fabric.


Wasn't sure about which quilting design to choose so left the decision to Karen (Quilting on the Coast).  She used "Wind and Waves" which looks great.


Little sweetheart had borrowed a dress from a friend and wanted me to make one in the same design for her.  We went to Spotlight to choose fabric and she chose something completely different to her friend's plain aqua dress.  Was very happy when I found the glittery navy ribbing in my stash.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely quilt and backing and it was quilted beautifully…
Little Miss’s dress is gorgeous.

marina said...

so beautiful! you always chose the most perfect backings for your quilts. they are as lovely as the front lol
very sweet dress for your little miss!

dq said...

The dress turned out great. I don't do well with sewing clothing, myself.
Lovely, lovely, lovely quilt. The machine quilting choice is perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...