05 September 2022

Adding Borders

In between spending time with Jenni, Kurt and Vinnie, there has been some sewing - mainly adding borders to a couple of quilt tops.

25 Half-Square Triangle blocks all made from offcuts from Swoon and Dwell 2 with a few others added that I had been saving.  


As the blocks end up at 8" finished, I added sashings and posts to make it a more usable-sized quilt.  The outer border is 4-1/2" and I might scallop the edge after it's quilted.


Added a white border to Sewcialites so I wouldn't have to worry about points when adding the binding.


Karen had a busy weekend.  Two quilts are in the post on the way back:  Star Pop in Nantucket Summer


and Swoon in a few different Bonnie and Camille ranges.  I made this during the Summer Swoon SAL.

Sewing up Starlets blocks at the moment, then I'll get to Fireworks and have another parcel of quilt tops to send to Karen.

I had a fun time with Vinnie and I hope he did too - very strange for him to be home with just Nanna.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Now for more quilting and more binding...... All beautiful quilts.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...