31 January 2020

Long Weekend

Last weekend was a long weekend for Australia Day on Monday. 

Little Sweetheart T came to stay on Saturday night - we had a fun afternoon playing games and painting boxes to use for some Christmas decorations.  We had lunch with Mum on Sunday then the three of us went out to T's home for family dinner - lovely to spend time with them all.  Little Sweetheart H is gorgeous and so hard to believe he'll be one in a month.

T is 5 tomorrow!  And then starts school on Monday!  Can't believe she is old enough for these milestones.

Monday was pretty much spent in The Pink room sewing along with the tennis.  I quilted "Glad Tidings" and sewed on the binding to stitch down while watching more tennis at night.


The buttons have been stitched onto the quilt and the decorative buttons have been added to the ornaments at lunchtimes this week.

This week's "Scrappy Trip Around the World" blocks.


Next week's blocks are ready to sew together.

I also sewed together a couple of "Hide and Seek" rows.  It's taking me ages to place the sashing blocks in to rows because I'm trying to have no similar colours/patterns side by side.


Last week I received a request for a "Wish Upon A Star" quilt - I made one about 2-1/2 years ago, so I'm happy to make another.  I had some reds in my Bonnie and Camille stash but needed to order some more along with red spot background fabric.  They arrived earlier this week, so I made the first block.


Hoping there will be time for more cutting out on the weekend.  Busy social time coming up - dinner with friends tonight for a birthday,  T's birthday party tomorrow morning and then birthday dinner for another friend tomorrow night.  The Hawks' last home game is Sunday afternoon - kind of glad the season is nearly over - it's been pretty dismal for the team but I have a good time with my friends and this season has been more enjoyable because Michael, Peta and Gulli have been able to come along to a few games.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Getting lots done as well as having a busy social life....well done..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...