16 January 2019

One More New Start

Another Two Bonnie & Camille Bee blocks have arrived - I'm expecting one more then I can start sewing my quilt top together.  Definitely looking forward to having this finished and on my bed - scrappy quilts are my favourite.

Karen S.

Karen D.

Instagram is full of inspiration and one of the ladies I follow made a beautiful Moda Love quilt using scrappy Bonnie and Camille log cabin blocks.


At the start of the year Moda fabrics launched a "string along" and, as I have a container full of "strings", I thought I'd join in and make Moda Love with scrappy strings, inspired by Sweet Sue Ellen's quilt.


 There has been some "Seaglass Variation" progress too


and the rest of the strips are ready to sew into blocks - nice, mindless chain piecing while listening to/watching the tennis.


Christmas packing away is very slow this year - too much going on with family and friends (which is terrific) - might have it finished this weekend.

The move went very well on Saturday and Michael, Peta and Gulliver are in their new house - so wonderful having them closer to home and it's an easy drive to their place for Mum as well.  I hope they enjoy life here.

Mum and I went to see "Mary Poppins Returns" on Sunday afternoon - a pleasant afternoon in the air conditioned theatre.  I enjoyed the movie and Mum thought it "better than she expected".  Emily Blunt is delightful.  Hope to find some time next weekend to see "The Favourite".

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great display of your beautiful quilts in the new header...
All the blocks will look great when made into a quilt...
Have fun with the strip sewing.....

marina said...

Such beautiful projects on the go. Love the pretty scrappiness.
Saw Mary Poppins this week too and loved it! Hoping to see it again before it finishes at cinemas
Lovely to have family nice and close to home. X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...