11 June 2019

Go Four It - Rainbow rows

In November 2015 I went to a quilt camp in Tasmania with a bunch of friends.  Earlier in the year American Patchwork and Quilting published a quilt designed by Lissa Alexander from Moda Fabrics and I thought it would be a great quilt to chain piece at camp.  This quilt was a great scrap-buster, using 1-1/2" and 2-1/2" squares.


I made a few hundred four-patches during the time at quilt camp


and some were sewn into nine-patches so I could see how the quilt would look.


These were put away for over three years until I was supposed to be doing some sewing for The Wedding, and I took out the packet of blocks and decided to finish the quilt top (I am the queen of procrastination).


I decided to add a border - no points to worry about when sewing on the binding,


and the quilt was sent off to Sarah for quilting.


The binding was stitched down last week and the quilt was finished.


It's huge at 92" x 98-1/2" and I'm so happy with it.


 The cable quilting design looks beautiful in lamplight.


We've just had a long weekend and it was a fun time with family.  ChaCha had two sleepovers (second one because Jenni and Kurt were also having a sleepover), also spent time with Gulliver, Mum and I went to see "Rocketman", Sunday lunch with the family and Monday was a lazy day with a bit of sewing and cutting out.

Loved "Rocketman" so much - from the first scene when Elton, wearing a fabulous orange costume with huge wings, pushes open a set of double doors, I had a smile on my face and knew that I would love the movie.  There is a lot of sadness in the movie but overall it's a story of triumph for this musical genius.  Taron Egerton is fantastic as Elton and so is Jamie Bell as Bernie Taupin.

I sewed some more "Happy Scrappy Baskets" yesterday - am now halfway and need to trim some more HST's before I can continue.


I also cut out the white strips for "Sweet Escape" - not quite in the mood to start sewing this one.


During last week I made another "Christmas Cheer" row - Friendship Stars.


Picked up the new car last Monday - was sad to hand over the other car but am enjoying driving the new car.

Looking forward to next Saturday night - going to see "Sweeney Todd" with Anthony Warlow and Gina Riley AND I've managed to buy tickets to see Anthony Warlow in a concert version of "Jekyll and Hyde" in November.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Did I ever tell you that you are living my dream life, Lynda? Sewing, family, movies, more sewing and even a new car! I love your latest finish- the quilting finishes it off perfectly!

Maria said...

You just always amaze me with the amount you manage to squish into a weekend...
Loving the finished Quilt and the cable quilting does look great...
Lots of Baskets there too and you also went to family outing , movies and pick up a new car....phew !

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you got that one finished...... It's beautiful.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...