27 May 2019

Blocks and Trimming

Santa Hats and Christmas Stockings (plus two little surprise blocks) have been arriving this month - one more hat and two more stockings to come and I'll be able to sew these rows together for my "Christmas Cheer" quilt.


Some "Happy Scrappy Baskets" progress - there's lots and lots of trimming to make the blocks.  I'd trimmed about half and thought I'd make up some blocks then trim the rest.


So happy with the look of these baskets.

Sewed up Month 3 of "Summer Moon" - such teeny, tiny pieces in the little Bear Tracks block.


125 pinwheel blocks are trimmed and ready to be sewn into "Spinning Stars" blocks.  Have a few more sawtooth star blocks to make before the quilt top can be sewn together.  I was hoping to have no fabric repeats in this quilt but noticed I've used two of the white fabrics twice.  Whether I made replacements will depend on how energetic I feel when it comes time to sew the blocks.


Had an enjoyable weekend after a stressful week (car troubles).  Bought a new car on Saturday afternoon (picking it up next week), visited Mum then went to see a local production of "Into the Woods" - not my favourite musical (or style of music) but the cast was fabulous and so was the show.  I'm going to see Anthony Warlow in "Sweeny Todd" in three weeks, so "Into the Woods" was a good re-introduction into a Sondheim musical.

Yesterday did some sewing before picking up Mum to visit Michael, Peta and Gulliver - had a lovely visit with them - the "ball of energy" was in full flight.  Arrived home to find The Honeymooners at my place, so that was a lovely surprise.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Oh My Goodness you sure do a lot of teeny weeny gorgeous blocks......no one will notice two the some whites..
Your baskets are sew pretty..
The Santa hats and stockings look great....

marina said...

Soooooo much loveliness Lynda!
I am in awe of your piecing skills and patience.
The fabrics you are using are so beautiful!
Good luck with the new car next week, how exciting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...