Stitching is finished, so after trimming all the stitchery blocks, I'll be all set to sew all the blocks together at Kingaroy next month. So looking forward to this trip.
Started stitching the first "Tail Feathers" block on Monday night - this is for a baby due in May - and I'm working on a new lime green/black and white spot scrappy string quilt. I'll take a photo when a few more string blocks have been sewn. Except for the backing, I'm hoping to make all of this quilt top from my scrap drawer - lots of lime green leftovers from the "Funky Advents" made a couple of years ago.
24 February 2010
22 February 2010
This is Melly & Me's "Sleepover Bag" - cut out two last November for Christmas presents: one for Peta and one for a friend. I started the bag for Peta but in all of the Christmas rush didn't manage to finish it. Took the bag out of the drawer last week to work on and finished it this morning. I'll make a few changes when I start the next bag, ie attach the handles earlier than suggested in the pattern and add the plastic base as a much later step. I found this bag very cumbersome to move around the sewing machine with the base already in place. This is definitely an excellent overnight bag.
Another finish even though this quilt top is not entirely finished - my involvement with the quilt is finished (joining blocks, quilting, binding). Jenni needs to applique two palm trees to the tent block and backstitch some of the block names. This quilt is "Magic Beach" designed by Chook Shed Pattern Co. I told the story behind the quilt here.
Close-up of a couple of the blocks:
And here's a sneaky peak for a certain blogger out there - finished your swap present this afternoon.
15 February 2010
Antique Shop - last big block. 6 small stitchery blocks to go and I'm hoping these will be stitched by the time I go to a retreat in March so that I can sew the quilt top together and then add the appliques. Two of the other girls going to the retreat are making this quilt (Helen and Teresa) and a couple of days ago Jenny posted a photo of her beautiful, finished quilt top on her blog - she will be quilting it at the retreat.
14 February 2010
56" x 66-1/2", washed and dried, plain borders, backing and binding from stash. The fabric diet has definite advantages.
08 February 2010
I pin-basted Angus's quilt on Saturday afternoon and did some ditch-stitching while watching "Sabrina". The plan is to ditch-stitch the whole quilt and then
do some running stitch in the sashings. First time I've used the running stitch on the new toy and I think it looks wonderful. Will be quite a few nights' sewing before the quilting is finished.
01 February 2010
I am determined this quilt will be made from my stash. There will be more pinwheel/background fabric borders with narrow solid-coloured homespun borders and I've found some fabrics to use for backing. Block placement is not finalised.
I am enjoying making this quilt - it's not often that I make a totally pieced quilt. And I'm looking forward to quilting it on the new machine.